- BBC News, “Microsoft says error caused ‘Tank Man’ Bing censorship”, 2021.
- Andrew Yang, “Op-Ed by Andrew Yang: Make tech companies pay you for your data”, 2020.
- Jack Poulson, “I Used to Work for Google. I Am a Conscientious Objector.”, 2019.
- Douglas MacMillan and Nick Anderson, “Student tracking, secret scores: How college admissions offices rank prospects before they apply”, 2019.
- Louis Menand, “Why Do We Care So Much About Privacy?”, 2018.
- What does “privacy” mean to you and when do you have a reasonable expectation of privacy?
- Think about examples of surveillance that is enabled or assisted by computer technologies. What are the benefits and dangers of such surveillance? Please refer to specific examples of surveillance in your response.
- Do you take any steps to protect your privacy online? Why or why not?